Building 10619, Yorktown Dr.
Calendar of Events:
Hours of Operation:
Effective as of November 1, 2013
Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 6 pm
School Year Program Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 2:00 - 8:00 pm
Friday & Saturday: 2:00 - 10:00 pm (unless otherwise posted)
1st & 2nd Sunday: 2:00 - 6:00 pm
The Middle School & Teen program offers a range of positive activities for youth ages 11-18 ( 6th through 12th grade) that promotes positive attitudes and reinforces Army core values. Youth Services sponsors a variety of programs offering youth opportunities in sports & fitness, life skills & citizenship, leadership, arts, recreation & leisure and mentoring, intervention & support services. There are special interest activities that vary each week. The Fort Lee Youth Center features a gymnasium, youth lounge, game room, arts & crafts room, music room and outside patio, just to name a few. Other amenities include a homework center with an onsite tutor and a Youth Technology lab.
Registration and Fees:
• Children must be registered through CYSS before enrolling in Middle School Teen programs. Parents can register children at Central Registration Office (CRO), 10624 Yorktown Dr. or call commercial (804) 765-3852 for more information.
• Middle School & Teen program is FREE to CYSS Cardholders (fees may apply for field trips)
• Eligibility is extended to family members of active duty military personnel, DOD civilians and DOD contractors. Retired military personnel are eligible on a space available basis
• Middle School & Teen program is offered for youth in grades 6th-12th
• Click HERE to access registration forms
• After School, Evening, and Weekend options in:
Life Skills & Citizenship
- Computer Club
- Chess Club
- Cooking Club
- 4-H Clubs
- Youth Councils - Keystone Club & Torch Club
- Youth Sponsorship
- Volunteer Community Service
- Smart Moves
Mentoring and Intervention Services
- Teen Mentoring
- Passport to Manhood
- Educational Trips
- Homework Center with onsite tutor
- Parent Involvement
Art, Recreation and Leisure
- Arts & Crafts
- Character Counts
- Recreational Trips
- Game Room
• Special Events on Weekends! Check Monthly Calendars for Lock-ins, Dances, Tournaments, Pool Parties, Trips, etc.
• Developmentally appropriate activities and professional staff trained to work with Middle School and Teen Partnerships
National Partnership with 4H and Boys and Girls Club:
Fort Lee's Child, Youth & School Services has a partnership with Boys & Girls Club of America and 4-H Club. Through these partnerships we commit to helping youth of all backgrounds develop leadership skills, self-esteem and character. We strive to asset all youth to become responsible citizens by providing quality cultural, social, educational, physical and recreational opportunities in neighborhood facilities, providing a safe place to learn and grow -- all while having fun.
About the YMCA Outreach Initiative:
YMCA of the USA, the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense have launched the YMCA Military Outreach Initiative to address the needs of families of deployed military personnel who live far from a military installation and require access to child development, family strengthening, and healthy and well-being programming.
The YMCA Military Outreach Initiative leverages the YMCA movement's national scale and mission to engage families facing the hardship and uncertainty of military deployment. The nation's 2,686 YMCAs have the unique capacity to respond to the needs of this widely dispersed population through supportive community-based programs that foster a healthy spirit, mind and body. Click the Armed Services YMCA logo for more information.